On August 1st Terri and I took the girls to a Luau in the Millenium Gardens in Plymouth. This past spring she took the girls to the Sweetheart ball. This was basically the same thing, except it was outside. The music was a lot of Beach Boys and other bands that played that music (sorry if I cannot remember as it was before my time!). There were Hula Hoops and beach balls. I tried the hula hoop and failed miserably. You would think I have the hips for it since I had kids! The girls had a really good time and ended up spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's so that I could get some rest.
About a wee ago I took the girls to Elm Creek Park. This is a park that Mike went to as a kid and has very fond memories. The beach is man-made with a liner and is filtered so there are no weeds. I was much nicer than the places I have been swimming in this summer. After swimming awhile I took the girls to the playground. They both loved the zip cords. I think we spent an hour on them (thank goodness there was noone else there).

No comments:
Post a Comment