Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This Thanksgiving is one to remember. At about 11am I heard a big thud and then Ellie crying. For the next hour she just sat in some one's lap, not even moving when her cousins came in. Mike took the turkey out of the frier, we took the picture below then Mike and I took Ellie to Urgent Care.
We got right in. There was noone there besides us and they were closing in 30 minutes. At first the doctor did not believe anything was wrong. However when he touched Ellie's arm a certain way, she got all white and did her best not to cry. We got some x-rays taken and, sure enough, it was a broken arm. They put a temporary cast on it and we went back to my parents house in WI. She felt and acted much better after the cast was on. Mike and I ate Thanksgiving leftovers for Thanksgiving!
After spending a few days with my family and shopping the black Friday sales (nothing was all that good) we went to a condo near WI Dells to meet up with Mike's parents and his Joliet IL family. There was not much to do there, but Emma and Ellie got some games from Aunt Karen so we play those a lot. I am just glad we decided not to go to our normal meeting place in the Dells. Ellie would have been really mad not being able to go into the water.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: