The Easter Bunny came 5 times for the Collins kids! I took the girls down to celebrate Easter with my family in WI from Thursday to Sunday morning. I am glad I went on Thursday because I think they got over a foot of snow on Friday! On Friday my parents and I took the girls to the water park near their house. They loved it and once our computer is fixed (there is a serious virus on it) I will post some videos. Emma made a friend there - a 5 year old girl who was shorter than she was! On Saturday my sisters and I (and Emma) made an Easter dinner. Personally, I think it turned out really well. Too bad I was too full to try the raspberry-lemon cake that took me hours to make! At my parents, the girls got baskets from both of my sisters and my parents.
I drove back with the girls Easter Sunday because the weather did not look that good Saturday night. My parents were kind enough to drive me an hour to Madison to take some time off my drive time. We went right to Mike's parents house to celebrate Easter there. We made a little scavenger hunt that led the girls around the house and finally to the Easter baskets and their new trampoline! They got a little Easter basket from Mike and I because I knew they were going to get so much from other people!
The girls spent Sunday night with them so I could rest a little from the long weekend alone. I also got to meet Mike for lunch ALONE on Monday downtown! Don't get me wrong, I love the girls. However, a little time away to be by myself and with my husband is the best thing I can do to recharge and continue to be a good mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment